Rent Out Your Pool and Other Yard Features with Swimply!
Have you got a pool or perhaps another optimal yard feature like a tennis or basketball court? If so, this may be the post for you. With Swimply, you can rent out your pool and yard, making extra money!
On hot summer days, those without a pool may be looking for a way to cool off without the crowds. if your pool is open and unused during the day, this may be the perfect money making opportunity for you. perhaps someone is looking for a place to have a private tennis match, yard party, or basketball game. Swimply can help you with all of these.
How Swimply Works
Swimply connects pool, hot tub, tennis court owners and more to those looking to use those specific accommodations privately. You have your choice of 25,000+ rentals across the United States, Canada, and Australia.
Rental prices vary in affordability, are by the hour, and are listed immediately. Costs can easily be split between friends for a small gathering. Along with prices you’ll find other amenities available such as grills, whether or not the property is pet friendly, if there is bathroom access, and more.
Rent Out Your Pool….and More!
You can do more than rent out your pool. Don’t have a pool but possibly another desired attraction in your yard? Then keep reading.
You can rent out the following amenities:
- Indoor and Outdoor Pools and Hot Tubs
- Pickleball, Tennis, and Basketball Courts
- Entire Yards for parties and more
If you are looking to rent out a yard for your pups or rent your yard out to pups (and their owners), check out our post about Sniffspot and find out all the details about this fun money making opportunity!
Search filters seem to be related to pools, choose indoor or out, saltwater or chlorine, ADA friendly, those that come with a grill, and more. This way you can personalize your experience or make sure that your rental is perfect for your every need.
To become a host with Swimply, simply create your listing- sign up for an account, take some photos, determine your house rules, and availability. Accept reservations – you have the option to chat with potential renters ahead of time to let them know your expectations and to find out their’s. You can also answer any questions they have. It would be helpful to add those questions and answers to your listing for future rentals. Swimply pays you the same day (minus their fees), as guests pay. No waiting for a single payment each month or week.
Become a verified host to stand out and make yourself known as a reliable and safe Swimply host. Your pool/property will also rank higher in search results. To do this you’ll need to go to your profile and select “Complete Verification.” Then upload two forms of ID, the first being your government issued ID to prove you are in fact a real person. The other is a utility bill to show proof of ownership of the property you are renting out. Third and final step is to host a successful Swimply booking.
Want to become a successful Swimply host? Learn more here.
Every host should be considerate of their neighbors. See how you can do that in Swimply’s Neighbor Support section.
Simply follow the instructions on their website to sign up and create an account!
Become a verified guest to gain access to pools only rented to verified guests, and increase your chances of having your rental request approved! To do this, log into your account and open your profile. Then click on “Become A Verified Swimmer,” upload your government issued ID, then complete a successful booking. And your on your way to preferred pool access!
Want the best Swimply guest experience? You’ll find way more information here.
Some Extra Costs Can Go A Long Way
There are a few extra costs you can factor in to start and as time goes on to ensure a better experience for your guests, and hopefully make them returns guests.
- Prime pool maintenance is key. So as much as we promote maintaining your pool on your own and learning all about the chemicals and what to do, a pool professional may be a good idea. Your pool is going to be used more often. It will therefore, need more maintenance. A pool professional will be able to accurately care for your investment to consider the extra bodies regularly in your pool.
- Your yard will also need to be continually maintained. You can’t slack on mowing or pruning of plants.
- You also may want to consider the plants in your yard. Perhaps add some that provide extra shade or naturally repel bugs. If you’re going to allow guests to bring their pets, make sure your plants are non-toxic to them.
- Furniture – You’ll want to make sure you have high quality tables and chairs for your guests as there will be quite many more butts in your chairs than just your family and friends here and there.
- An additional topic related to furniture you’ll want to consider would be sources of shade, extra seating, and pool floats.
- Access to sunblock will be helpful and appreciated. Consider a device like you find in hotels to distribute shampoo and conditioner. Then you won’t have to worry about bottles disappearing.
- An outdoor fridge will also not go unnoticed. Families will love to have somewhere to keep their bottles and snacks cool from the heat.
Some Larger Costs
Do you have outside access to a bathroom? Is there a way you could add one? Is there a bathroom on an outer wall of your house? You can maybe add an outside door. If you have a pool house structure, can a toilet and sink be easily added? This is a more expensive project, but could be considered. No one wants to start a construction project but if you’re willing to, this could have a great impact on not only your personal pool usage, but the experience for renters.
Here’s a list of products to get you started!
Rent Out Your Pool and Yard – Final Thoughts
I think if you have the room and the amenities, that this is a great way to make some extra money! Not everyone loves a public pool and they don’t have the room or funds to put in a pool of their own. Children with sensory issues will enjoy the private experience with their family void of all of the sights and sounds you encounter in a public situation. Someone wanting to practice their tennis, pickleball, or basketball skills in private will love having a place they can go to without others around as a distraction.
Swimply benefits both the Host and the Guest. And I think if you can do it, go ahead! This is especially beneficial if you live in a warmer climate with longer use of outdoor facilities, or even year round use.
Check out other ways you can make money with your home!